Comments Off on The Benefit of Compounded Medication
To Compound or not to Compound
We can prepare medicines in a variety of dosage forms and flavours. With instructions from the physician, we can easily alter the strength of medications to make it more convenient for patients, thereby improving medication compliance. We bring our skills, knowledge and experience to improve therapeutic outcome.
Benefits of compounded medications includes:
• Avoidance of dyes, preservative, fillers
• Palatable liquid medications
• Administrable dosage forms
• Avoidance of side effects
• Dose, dosage form, or medication not commercially available
• Combination or sustained release therapy to improve compliance
• Cost effective therapy
As you can see, compounding means that you are no longer limited in the choice of treatment. At West Lindfield Pharmacy we work with you and your physician to create medications that suit you best.